Blinds can be seen as an alternative to your typical window treatment, such as curtains and drapes. Installing blinds presents a convenient way to control the amount of light and privacy a room receives.
Whether you are looking for privacy, style or both, it can seem quite a daunting task to choose blinds. Well- chosen window blinds can help complement the design of any home as well as add an element of flair and style. To transform the appearance of a room in your home, opting for blinds may be a great idea. The options are endless right from Roman Roller Blinds to Venetian blinds, there are also various materials to choose from to get your desired aesthetic.
For starters, you may ask yourself? How formal should I go, or how sheer? What kind of material should I choose? All these questions are valid. However, there are a few things to consider before selecting the best type of blinds; which include;
- Light and privacy How much do you want and need? Decide whether you want your room bright and airy or more “buttoned up” and cosy. Is your goal to block out light for snug sleep in the bedroom or hang a sheer fabric in your kitchen that lets the sunshine in over your farmhouse sink? Are the windows you’re covering near the front door or facing the sunny side of the house? All of these factors will influence the styles and fabrics you choose.
- Your budget Are you outfitting just one window or the entire house? You may consider spending more on certain windows and scaling back on others. Window treatments are priced by size, so expect larger treatments to cost more. Custom sizes and specialty fabrics, patterns, and features also add to the cost.
- Your decorating style Is it formal or casual, comfortable or chic? Bold colours can be fun or dramatic. Subtle hues are perfect for a room decorated in neutral, earthy tones. Do you prefer corded styles or sleeker, streamlined cordless ones? The blind must be chosen as per the wall colour or the colour of the home. The interior and the exterior of the home determine your choice here. You may either go for a matching colour or opt for contrasting shades. If the wall colours are dark, we recommend choosing blinds that are lighter in shade.
- Safety Do you have young children in your household and a need for streamlined cordless blinds and shades? If you have children at home, choose only child safe blinds. Consider the accessibility of the blinds. Choose motorised blinds for greater convenience.
- How much time and effort you’re willing to spend cleaning Standard blinds can be cleaned at home but are magnets for dust and need frequent attention. Shades of textured fabrics and weaves hide soil better and are best cared for by either vacuuming or professional cleaning.
For most homeowners, durability is the prime consideration when choosing the best blinds; you will be amazed at all the incredible choices available. The industry is so extensive that it can accommodate the needs of every homeowner. Simply visit www.effectiveblinds.co.za and start shopping today.